One of the newest forms to the E-File Magic line-up, 1097-BTC was completely redesigned by the IRS for 2011. You need to file a separate 1097-BTC for each tax credit distributed after January 1, 2010 here is the list of tax bond credits that are required for Form 1097-BTC:
- Qualified forestry conservation bonds.
- New clean renewable energy bonds.
- Qualified energy conservation bonds.
- Qualified zone academy bonds.
- Qualified school construction bonds.
- Clean renewable energy bonds.
- Midwestern tax credit bonds.
- Build America bonds (tax credit).
If you are unsure when you need to file the 1097-BTC you must file it with the IRS by February 28, 2012 or use E-File Magic and we will file it electronically, the deadline for electronic filing is April 2, 2012.
Download E-File Magic’s 1097-BTC Software! It’s easy to use!