- Download the E-File Magic 1098-T Software
Easy Software - No software licensing fees. Easy to use. Take advantage of our database level recipient encryption and TIN Masking to keep your data safe while stored on your PC.
Easy Imports - Imports from Quickbooks, Microsoft Excel, or a standard CSV file. Importing from Quickbooks takes seconds with the click of a button.
Optional Services - Choose optional services such as Bulk-TIN Matching and Print and Mail.
- Learn More about our E-File By Excel Service
No Software to Learn - Enter your recipient information in our Easy to Use Excel Template and securely upload it to us. We do the rest.
PDF Copies - Once we have processed your data, we will securely send you a copy of your recipients forms in PDF format.
Optional Services - Want a complete outsourcing solution? Choose optional services such as Bulk-TIN Matching, Print and Mailing, and data formatting/correction.
Filing your 1098-T Forms is Quick and Easy!
Download E-File Magic Software. Enter your information.
Enter your data into our Custom Microsoft Excel Template.
We'll review your file and process your data.
Your Forms are Printed and Mailed to their recipients
Your Forms are E-Filed with the IRS
IRS Form 1098-T
Using the E-File Magic 1098-T software you can print, mail, and e-File your 1098-T forms with ease. We support all 1098-T form copies, except for Copy A (the e-File transmittal takes the place of copy A), including:
- 1098-T Form Copy B - For Student
- 1098-T Form Copy C - For Filer
You pay only for e-File Services (required), and optionally print and mail services. This makes your year end reporting requirements even simpler than ever. Just import or manually enter your data into our software program, validate, and transmit your data for processing. We do the rest and notify you of our progress every step of the way. We hope you enjoy using E-File Magic for filing your 1098-T forms!
(according the the IRS)
File Form 1098-T, Tuition Statement, if you are an eligible educational institution. You must file for each student you enroll and for whom a reportable transaction is made. Also, if you are an insurer, file Form 1098-T for each individual to whom you made reimbursements or refunds of qualified tuition and related expenses.
Exceptions. You do not have to file Form 1098-T or furnish a statement for:
Courses for which no academic credit is offered, even if the student is otherwise enrolled in a degree program;
- Nonresident alien students, unless requested by the student;
- Students whose qualified tuition and related expenses are entirely waived or paid entirely with scholarships or grants; and
- Students for whom you do not maintain a separate financial account and whose qualified tuition and related expenses are covered by a formal billing arrangement between an institution and the student's employer or a governmental entity, such as the Department of Veterans Affairs or the Department of Defense.
Who must file. You must file Form 1098-T if you are an eligible educational institution. An eligible educational institution that is a governmental unit, or an agency or instrumentality of a governmental unit, is subject to the reporting requirements of Form 1098-T. A designated officer or employee of the governmental entity must satisfy the reporting requirements of Form 1098-T.
Eligible educational institutions may choose to report payments received, or amounts billed, for qualified tuition and related expenses. The eligible educational institution must use the same reporting method for all calendar years unless the IRS grants permission to change the reporting method. For information on how to obtain automatic consent to change your reporting method, see the instructions for box 3 on page 3.
If another person receives or collects payments of qualified tuition and related expenses on your behalf, the other person must file Form 1098-T. However, if the other person does not possess the information necessary to comply with the reporting requirements of Form 1098-T, then you must satisfy the reporting requirements of Form 1098-T.
Also, if you are an insurer engaged in a trade or business of making refunds or reimbursements of qualified tuition and related expenses, you are required to file Form 1098-T. See the instructions for box 10 on page 3.
1098-T Software Features Include:
- Print forms to blank paper!
- No software licensing fees for using our software. You pay only for the services we provide!
- Database level encryption support: Protect your sensitive recipient information using the Department of Defense approved AES256 algorithm!
- Support for ALL 1097-BTC, 1098, 1099, 5498, 3921, 3922, and W-2G forms
- Print and Mail Services Available
- IRS Copy A and 1096 Not Required
- Requires E-Filing with Our Service Bureau
- No need to apply for TCC number using our system
- Import E-File Magic 2010 Recipients to avoid reentry!
- Multi-User support for operating in an Active Directory or workgroup environment.
- Supports filing years 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
- Printable forms support industry standard double windowed number 9 and 10 envelopes.
- High quality printable forms, covering all copies B, C, D, 1, and 2 where applicable
- Simplified correction process for processing IRS corrections
- Personalize printable forms using your companies logo.
- Misc. data fields allow you to customize messages, financial breakdowns, payment history information, etc to be printed on your recipient forms
- Preview your forms before you print them
- CPA Friendly: Unlimited Companies/Filers
- XP, Vista and Windows 7 Compatible
- Built-In Help System
- Built-In Form validation module to help you avoid common mistakes
- Built-In reporting for generating form totals, recipient lists, and mailing labels
- Requires E-Filing services to be purchased from and provided by E-File Magic. Visit our price quote page for more information.
- Seamless client server order transmission process; transmit your order in seconds!