- Download the E-File Magic 1099-MISC Software
Easy Software - No software licensing fees. Easy to use. Take advantage of our database level recipient encryption and TIN Masking to keep your data safe while stored on your PC.
Easy Imports - Imports from Quickbooks, Microsoft Excel, or a standard CSV file. Importing from Quickbooks takes seconds with the click of a button.
Optional Services - Choose optional services such as Bulk-TIN Matching and Print and Mail.
- Learn More about our E-File By Excel Service
No Software to Learn - Enter your recipient information in our Easy to Use Excel Template and securely upload it to us. We do the rest.
PDF Copies - Once we have processed your data, we will securely send you a copy of your recipients forms in PDF format.
Optional Services - Want a complete outsourcing solution? Choose optional services such as Bulk-TIN Matching, Print and Mailing, and data formatting/correction.
Filing your 1099-MISC Forms is Quick and Easy!
Download E-File Magic Software. Enter your information.
Enter your data into our Custom Microsoft Excel Template.
We'll review your file and process your data.
Your Forms are Printed and Mailed to their recipients
Your Forms are E-Filed with the IRS
IRS Form 1099-MISC
Using the E-File Magic 1099-MISC software you can print, mail, and e-File your 1099-MISC forms with ease. We support all 1099-MISC form copies, except for Copy A (the e-File transmittal takes the place of copy A), including:
- 1099-MISC Form Copy 1 - For State Tax Dept.
- 1099-MISC Form Copy B - For Recipient
- 1099-MISC Form Copy 2 - For Recipient State Inc. Tax Ret.
- 1099-MISC Form Copy C - For Payer
You pay only for e-File Services (required), and optionally print and mail services. This makes your year end reporting requirements even simpler than ever. Just import or manually enter your data into our software program, validate, and transmit your data for processing. We do the rest and notify you of our progress every step of the way. We hope you enjoy using E-File Magic for filing your 1099-MISC forms!
(according the the IRS)
File Form 1099-MISC, Miscellaneous Income, for each person to whom you have paid during the year:
- At least $10 in royalties (see Box 2 on page 4) or broker payments in lieu of dividends or tax-exempt interest (see Box 8 on page 6);
- At least $600 in rents, services (including parts and materials), prizes and awards, other income payments, medical and health care payments, crop insurance proceeds, cash payments for fish (or other aquatic life) you purchase from anyone engaged in the trade or business of catching fish, or, generally, the cash paid from a notional principal contract to an individual, partnership, or estate;
- Any fishing boat proceeds; or
Gross proceeds to an attorney. See Payments to attorneys on page 2.
This image is too large to be displayed in the current screen. Please click the link to view the image.
Illustrated Form 1099-MISC for Ronald Green
In addition, use Form 1099-MISC to report that you made direct sales of at least $5,000 of consumer products to a buyer for resale anywhere other than a permanent retail establishment. You must also file Form 1099-MISC for each person from whom you have withheld any federal income tax under the backup withholding rules regardless of the amount of the payment.
Be sure to report each payment in the proper box because the IRS uses this information to determine whether the recipient has properly reported the payment.
Trade or business reporting only. Report on Form 1099-MISC only when payments are made in the course of your trade or business. Personal payments are not reportable. You are engaged in a trade or business if you operate for gain or profit. However, nonprofit organizations are considered to be engaged in a trade or business and are subject to these reporting requirements. Organizations also subject to these reporting requirements include trusts of qualified pension or profit-sharing plans of employers, certain organizations exempt from tax under section 501(c) or (d), farmers' cooperatives that are exempt from tax under section 521, and widely held fixed investment trusts. Payments by federal, state, or local government agencies are also reportable.
Exceptions. Some payments are not required to be reported on Form 1099-MISC, although they may be taxable to the recipient. Payments for which a Form 1099-MISC is not required include:
Generally, payments to a corporation; but see Reportable payments to corporations on page 2;
- Payments for merchandise, telegrams, telephone, freight, storage, and similar items;
- Payments of rent to real estate agents, but see Regulations section 1.6041-1(e)(5), Example 5;
- Wages paid to employees (report on Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement);
- Military differential wage payments made to employees while they are on active duty in the Armed Forces or other uniformed services (report on Form W-2);
- Business travel allowances paid to employees (may be reportable on Form W-2);
- Cost of current life insurance protection (report on Form W-2 or Form 1099-R, Distributions From Pensions, Annuities, Retirement or Profit-Sharing Plans, IRAs, Insurance Contracts, etc.);
- Payments to a tax-exempt organization including tax-exempt trusts (IRAs, HSAs, Archer MSAs, and Coverdell ESAs), the United States, a state, the District of Columbia, a U.S. possession, or a foreign government; and
- Certain payment card transactions if a payment card organization has assigned a merchant/payee a Merchant Category Code (MCC) indicating that reporting is not required. A cardholder/payor may rely on the MCC assigned to a merchant/payee to determine if a payment card transaction with that merchant/payee is subject to reporting under section 6041 or section 6041A. For more information and a list of merchant types with corresponding MCCs, see Revenue Procedure 2004-43 available at www.irs.gov/irb/2004-31_IRB/ar17.html.
1099-MISC Software Features Include:
- Print forms to blank paper!
- No software licensing fees for using our software. You pay only for the services we provide!
- Database level encryption support: Protect your sensitive recipient information using the Department of Defense approved AES256 algorithm!
- Support for ALL 1042-S, 1097-BTC, 1098, 1099, 5498, 3921, 3922, and W-2G forms
- Print and Mail Services Available
- IRS Copy A and 1096 Not Required
- Requires E-Filing with Our Service Bureau
- No need to apply for TCC number using our system
- Import E-File Magic 2012 Recipients to avoid reentry!
- Multi-User support for operating in an Active Directory or workgroup environment.
- Supports filing years 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013
- Printable forms support industry standard double windowed number 9 and 10 envelopes.
- High quality printable forms, covering all copies B, C, D, 1, and 2 where applicable
- Simplified correction process for processing IRS corrections
- Personalize printable forms using your companies logo.
- Misc. data fields allow you to customize messages, financial breakdowns, payment history information, etc to be printed on your recipient forms
- Preview your forms before you print them
- CPA Friendly: Unlimited Companies/Filers
- XP, Vista and Windows 7 Compatible
- Built-In Help System
- Built-In Form validation module to help you avoid common mistakes
- Built-In reporting for generating form totals, recipient lists, and mailing labels
- Requires E-Filing services to be purchased from and provided by E-File Magic. Visit our price quote page for more information.
- Seamless client server order transmission process; transmit your order in seconds!