1099 Software Video - Enable Recipient Encryption
This video details how to enable the powerful recipient encryption feature of E-File Magic. This feature can help mitigate unauthorized access to sensitive recipient information while it is stored on your PC.
Hello. Today I'll be talking about how to encrypt recipient information while it's stored in your local database on your PC. This is a powerful feature of E-File Magic that can assist in thwarting potential unauthorized access to sensitive recipient information it's important to note this encryption happens at a very low level the actual fields in the database records in the E-File Magic databases stored on your PC are encrypted when you enable this option. In order to enable this option, simply navigate to the Config Menu and downed to enabling encryption. The system is going to prompt you, indicating that whatever password you specify next you must remember if you do not remember this password the E-File Magic Processing Bureau cannot retrieve this password for you. And your data will be an inaccessible. So it's very important whatever password you specify next is easy to remember. Go ahead and select yes. In this test scenario I'm going to enter a password 123456 and select OK. You'll now notice that E-File Magic is encrypting all the recipients in the database. It processed 1102 recipients and the process is now complete. At this point all the recipient information is encrypted in the database. Although you can't tell because the software, once it's loaded and the password is entered is transparently encrypting it for you. To illustrate how this process will work when you restart E-File Magic, I'm going to go ahead and select close and then open the software up again. You'll notice that I'm now required to enter a decryption password. If I forget what this password is, I cannot access this information and again, E-File Magic cannot retrieve this password for you. So it's very important that you remember the password you have specified. In this case my password was 123456 and select OK. And now I have access to the system. For general use in the system you should see no particular impact and the performance should be on par with what it was prior. Although all of the records in the database for fields Name1, Name2, and Address1 along with Tax ID are encrypted for all recipients. If you wish to disable encryption at any time simply select config and deselect enabling encryption. The software will now decrypt all the recipients and we're back to square one. When combined with multi-user logins this can be an extremely powerful feature in protecting sensitive information while it's stored on your company network or your local PC. This concludes the video on utilizing the recipient encryption feature of E-File Magic.
Filing with E-File Magic is as easy as 1-2-3!
1099-Software Features Include:
- Print forms to blank paper!
- No software licensing fees for using our software. You pay only for the services we provide!
- Database level encryption support: Protect your sensitive recipient information using the Department of Defense approved AES256 algorithm!
- Support for ALL 1097-BTC, 1098, 1099, 5498, 3921, 3922, and W-2G forms
- Print and Mail Services Available
- IRS Copy A and 1096 Not Required
- Requires E-Filing with Our Service Bureau
- No need to apply for TCC number using our system
- Import E-File Magic 2010 Recipients to avoid reentry!
- Multi-User support for operating in an Active Directory or workgroup environment.
- Supports filing years 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 & 2011
- Printable forms support industry standard double windowed number 9 and 10 envelopes.
- High quality printable forms, covering all copies B, C, D, 1, and 2 where applicable
- Simplified correction process for processing IRS corrections
- Personalize printable forms using your companies logo.
- Misc. data fields allow you to customize messages, financial breakdowns, payment history information, etc to be printed on your recipient forms
- Preview your forms before you print them
- CPA Friendly: Unlimited Companies/Filers
- XP, Vista and Windows 7 Compatible
- Built-In Help System
- Built-In Form validation module to help you avoid common mistakes
- Built-In reporting for generating form totals, recipient lists, and mailing labels
- Requires E-Filing services to be purchased from and provided by E-File Magic. Visit our price quote page for more information.
- Seamless client server order transmission process; transmit your order in seconds!