Always remember, safeguarding your data requires a holistic approach. Information security and compliance is a moving target, so it's important to stay current with the latest trends. E-File Magic works very hard to protect your information, but you share in this responsibility. We encourage you to safeguard your computer with the latest virus protection and firewalls, and never give out sensitive information to any person you don't trust.
The following outlines some general guidelines E-File Magic has incorporated to help mitigate unauthorized access too, or loss of, your data.
- Use the "Enable Encryption" option in the E-File Magic 1099 Software to encrypt the Recipient TaxID, Name1, Name2, and Address fields using the DoD approved AES-256 algorithm at the database level.
- E-File Magic automatically encrypts your database when you use the 'Backup Database' option.
- When working in a Shared computing environment, make sure you Enforce Logins and Security Checkpoints from the 'Multi-User Setup' screen.
- Enable recipient TaxID masking in the "Config" menu to mask the first 5 digits of the recipient's TaxID number.
- Our web servers use SSL technology capable of encrypting your data using the NSA recommended AES algorithm in 128-bit, or 256-bit form.
- Our processing servers utilize IDS systems and Firewalls.
- Your data is encrypted prior to transmission to us (see example encrypted file).
- Your data is encrypted while in transit to us.
- Once your data arrives at our processing servers, sensitive recipient data is encrypted and stored within our database in it's encrypted form. It remains this way through the majority of the processing lifecycle.
- Your data is transmitted to our print/mail processing facilities over a secure encrypted link.
- Our servers are maintained and updated regularly.
- Regular backups are generated and stored.
- Your credit card data is never fully retained on file.
If you have an questions regarding the information outlined above, please don't hesitate to e-mail us at email@example.com.